Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tuolumne Summer


This was a great summer, both for work and for play. And if you know me at all, you know that these two are inextricably linked! I worked several Outward Bound Courses in the Sierras, hoping that I would be spending every day off in the Valley climbing walls, but with the oppressive heat that summer brings to Yosemite, I had to look to the High Country for my climbing fix. From alpine routes with my buddy Jon to sitting out storms at the base of Temple Crag, I got a healthy serving of everything that the Sierra is famous for, I already have my sights on next year's prizes! Enjoy the pics...

Mathes Crest

Sending POWER!

Mathes Crest is this amazing mile-long traverse that follows a knife edged ridge for its entire length. The exposure is spectacular, and you are rewarded with fun climbing, views of the entire Sierra crest and Yosemite Valley.

Splitters leading us up the magnificent 3rd Pillar of Dana

A storm that would lure us closer, even allow us a few hundred feet up at a time before spitting me and my partner off with threats of thunder and lightening. Luckily to pass the time Jon had given me two small bags (yes, BAGS) of Ugandan Gin which we mixed with Gatorade. This does not make as good as a combo as you might think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Tuolumne Summer"
___________________
Julie
Getting a Payday advance is just a few steps away