Thursday, November 29, 2012

Birthday Climb-a-thon and Asado!


Hey there Sports Fans- The days are getting shorter here and the snow is starting to really stick, which means that despite trying to avoid it for the last 5 years, I find myself looking ahead at a winter full of skiing, ice climbing and the occasional bolt clipping mission to the Gorge instead of venturing down to Patagonia to climb and adventure.  This has been a tough call to make, but in the end I just lacked the stoke which has kept me going down there, and being able to stay here and climb as much ice as possible is going to set me up for success for my next big objective down there (keeping my lips shut as to what it is for now!)
So to celebrate my birthday this year, I tried to climb as many routes down in the Gorge as my elbows would allow and then hosted a nice little asado for my friends, cooking up a bunch of meat and drinking some good wine!  I only got in 12 routes before being pumped silly, but it was a lot of fun and we had a good crew show up.  


















Our crew at the Great Wall of China





















Just...one...more...clip!





















Carne, Empanadas, Vino Tinto?  Check!
















So with a Mammoth season pass in hand, a new pair of backcountry skis ready to go, and ice tools sharp and ready for the freeze, I am getting fired up for a real winter!  

And don't forget, Sierra Mountain Center offers the finest guiding on the Eastside, so if you want to climb waterfall ice, visit our exclusive backcountry hut for ski or snowshoeing, or are looking for custom guiding, call Connie in the office and book your winter trip soon!

No comments: